Hotel Villa Iguana & SeavisTours
Internship / Work Experience Opportunity
Join our passionate team in the Dominican Republic!
We are looking for people to join our team at our hotel and excursion company. Work the reception and bar at the hotel and be a tour guide for the excursion company.
Mission / Vision of the Company
We are a family operated hotel and excursion provider specializing in offering comfortable accommodation and eco tours in the Dominican Republic.
We are originally from the Netherlands and Italy. After traveling the world we finally settled down on this gorgeous island.
We offer our guests a clean, safe and atmospheric place to stay. A place to feel comfortable and at home while exploring the best of what the Dominican Republic has to offer.
The excursions we offer reflect our passion for adventure and beautiful scenery. We emphasize excursions with small groups, stopping at remote locations, away from the crowds, with attention to the nature and the authentic culture.
Internship / Work Experience
You will work the reception and take care of check-in and check-outs, bookings and give advice to the guests. You will work the rooftop bar and sell excursions to guests in the hotel. You will be a tour guide on our various excursions to Saona Island, Catalina Island and jungle tours.
You get satisfaction from your work! That's why you always walk around with a smile on your face and satisfy all the guests. You're looking forward to working in a hotel and excursion company that does not focus on mass tourism but is smaller scale so you can focus on delivering a good quality service. You want to work with a team of passionate international people.
- Walk in reservations
- Receiving / welcoming guests
- Check-in and check-out procedures
- Moving baggage
- Serving Drinks
- Answer all guest questions
- Cash register
- Tour guiding on various tours
- Excursion Sales
- Report on a weekly basis to your manager
- Between 21-28 years old
- Someone who takes pride in his / her work
- Someone who believes in offering high quality service
- A super friendly colleague
- A hard worker
- Someone who makes people feel comfortable
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Adventurous and entertaining
- Someone with good human knowledge and social skills
- Polite, friendly and professional
- Quick learning
- Can keep a cool head in stressful situations
Required Spoken Languages
- Dutch & English
- German & English
- Spanish is a plus
Amount of Employees in the Team
- Hotel: 5 fixed employees
- Excursion Company: 8 fixed employees
Compensation & Duration
- US$ 200 / month compensation
- 4-6 months
- Send an email to Sophie
- A Skype interview will be scheduled